Skilled Motor Vehicle Accident Case Litigation
There are many strategic angles to motor vehicle case litigation that necessitate experienced representation to encourage the best result. Attorney in Salem has more than 15 years of experience representing clients in motor vehicle accident cases and when necessary taking those cases to mediation, arbitration and trial. At the , we provide professional and principled representation for our clients.
Personal Injury Protection Benefits
It is essential to know how personal injury protection (PIP) benefits come into play when you are hurt in a car crash. Any Oregon automobile insurance policy has a PIP benefit, a type of no-fault insurance that can pay some if your costs associated with the crash:
- Medical expenses ($15,000 minimum)
- Lost wages (70 percent wages up to $3,000 per month for 52 weeks minimum)
- Homemaker household cleaning expenses ($30 per day for 52 weeks minimum)
- Funeral expenses ($5,000 minimum)
- Other costs for an injured driver
The amount of your available coverage depends on the level of insurance coverage you purchase from your insurer.
Quite often, there are not enough PIP funds to cover the costs of a catastrophic accident. Representation by a lawyer becomes a crucial part of seeking additional funds:
- To pay for ongoing medical care and treatment
- To provide support for a family of a deceased accident victim
- To modify a home for accessibility
Seek Care To Preserve Your Rights
There are times when the extent of victim’s injuries is not immediately evident. That is why it is important to see a doctor even if you think your injury is not severe. With a two-year statute of limitations on claims (generally, shorter time frames may apply), it is to your advantage to explore your options soon after your car accident.